Monday, February 12, 2007

Week One, Thing Two

As part of this learning project i am participating in, I watched an online tutorial on the Seven and Half Habits of Lifelong Learners:

1. Begin with a goal
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
3. View problems as challenges
4. Have confidence in yourself as competent and effective
5. Create your own learning toolbox
6. Use technology to your advantage
7. Teach/mentor others
7.5 Play

We were asked to consider which of the seven are the hardest and easiest for us to tackle.

For me the easiest is number five. I'm good at finding and gathering resources that will help me, whether those resources are books, people, information, etc.

The hardest would be number three. I can be very impatient with myself when I make mistakes and I like things to work out smoothly as planned. Problems annoy me and can wear me out. Usually, after initial annoyance or unhappiness, I am able to reasses the situation and view the problem as challenge that can be addressed and dealt with in a positive way. I'd like to learn to skip the panic that comes when problems first arrise and be more patient with working through things that have gone wrong.

No comments: