Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week Eight, Thing Eighteen

Today I am exploring web based productivity applications which is a fancy way of saying word documents and spreadsheets created on the web.

We have a mac at home and the computer I use at work is a Hewlett-Packard PC. Sometimes I run into problems opening files at work that I created at home.  A web based application, like Zoho Writer or Google Documents, would eliminate that problem.  I also wouldn't have to worry about different versions of a software program being compatible.

My dad could really benefit from applications like these. His computer is loaded with two operating systems, Linux and Microsoft. He prefers working on the Linux side, but if he emails documents from that operating system to others, the recipients often have trouble reading or editing the files. If he used a web based application, he could create documents on the Linux side and still share it with others. I think. Anyone: Correct me if I'm wrong.

I just exported this document from Zoho Writer to my blog. It worked pretty well with the exception of adding some unnecessary coding and paragraphs.

No comments: