Thursday, March 29, 2007

Week Nine, Thing Twenty Three

Well, after a very late start I managed to complete this program just in time. I want to say thanks to the Virtual Services Team for making this possible. I really enjoyed this program and I'm very grateful to my supervisors for giving me the support and encouragement to participate. For me, being aware of new technologies is not enough. I have to use the tools to really grasp and understand them. Being able to explore and test out all of these 2.0 programs was a great opportunity.

Out of all the exercises I enjoyed using flickr and flickr mashups, the image generators, and de.lic.ious the most. What surprised me about this program was how simple most of the exercises were. I was really expecting more obstacles. Also, I never explored YouTube much in the past. Whenever there is tons of hype about something I get turned off...but I think I will play around with the site some more.

I would definitely participate in another program like this. The only shortfall I experienced was an initial lack of work time to explore the program. About half of the exercises I completed at home, which was okay and definitely worth while. Even with the large time extension from the Virtual Services Team I was still barely able to finish in time. Then again I didn't start the program until the end of February. And, I could have finished after the March 30th deadline. It was my choice to try and finish in time.

Thanks Virtual Services Team and thanks also to Helene Blowers.

No comments: