Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Week Nine, Thing Twenty

Below is an Arcade Fire video I found on YouTube. I'm going to see them in concert in June but I haven't heard their new album yet, Neon Bible. This was one of the better quality videos I found. A lot of the music videos I looked at, Arcade Fire and the Shins, were taken at live concerts and had very poor sound and video quality.

When searching for a specific topic, I liked how you can sort by date, view count, or rating. I sorted by date because I was looking for something fairly recent from the new album. I also liked that once you choose a video, the right-hand side of the page would give you related videos, more videos from the contributor, and playlists. What I think is great is that the site really allows and supports both known object searching and serendipitous discovery.

Here's what I didn't like: When I tried to add my blog to my YouTube account, an error message kept appearing saying I was using an incorrect username or password or didn't have access rights to the blog. I checked and double checked my username and password and then gave up and just embedded the html for the video in my blog post. I don't know why I couldn't add my blog to YouTube, but it irritated me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have got to get the new Arcade Fire album...