Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week Four, Thing Eight

I've known vaguely about RSS and aggregators like bloglines for a few years. I remember my second year of grad school a bunch of my fellow classmates were talking about bloglines and which feeds they subscribed to. At the time I didn't have a home computer and thought of aggregators as something I would do once I had internet access outside of the University labs. And three years later, here I am, finally getting on board.

I can see how useful aggregators are for people who like to stay current with a lot of online news sources and blogs. And I had no problem finding eight or nine sites to add to my blogroll. I wonder though how much time I will devote to staying current with the posts. Outside of work I tend to devote little time to the Internet, besides a bit of email, online banking, and a quick read of a news headline or two. I think its something that I'll need to incorporate into my routine; perhaps devote twenty mintues of my lunchtime to checking in on my blogroll. And I think I'll need to keep the number of RSS feeds fairly low in order for it to be manageable.

So without further ado, here is the url to my public blogroll: http://www.bloglines.com/public/GingerRenee

No comments: